Thanks for visiting!
*I have immediate openings for tele-therapy (video or phone sessions) and would be honored to support you during this difficult time of uncertainty.
My name is Amy LaRoche, L.M.F.T. I have provided mental health services for youths, adolescents, individuals, couples and families in Fairfield, Connecticut since 1996. My philosophy on psychotherapy is simple:
Creating change is difficult and takes effort. A person cannot be happy and content with their relationships with others, without first being happy and content with themselves. By looking at yourself, where you have been, where you are now and how you use what you have been given, whether environmental or biological, you can understand the changes in your behavior that are necessary to function in this world at an optimal level. A level where you feel good about yourself and enjoy healthy, fulfilling relationships.
I bring my philosophy to bear by providing my clients with a quiet, private setting designed to facilitate the hard work every person must do on their journey of self improvement.
I specialize in:
- Ways to deal with substance abuse and creating a support system
- Helping individuals go through the phases of grief and loss
- Working through a divorce and how to deal with the after affects..co parenting and communication
- Enhancing communication skills within a relationship and learning how to "hear" one another
- Dealing with depression and how to over come it
- Ways to reduce anxiety
- Inter-personal relationships
- Family dynamics and how a healthy family should function
- Marriage counseling and how to create change and make one another happy, yourself happy and create a happy fun couple
- The many stressors of adolescents and the need to become more independent
With my help, you can develop the skills and tools necessary to:
- Create desired change
- Improve the health and strength of your relationships
- Manage stress, depression and anxiety
- Cope with the challenges of loss, whether through death or divorce
- Develop techniques and skills to improve verbal and physical communication
- Strengthen your marriage and family dynamics
- Open communications with your adolescent
- Create change in family therapy
Accepted Health Plans: Anthem, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Out of Network